Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bye, Bye, Balloon

Oh my goodness. I failed my son today. He was so excited to earn the balloon he received today at the dentist for being a great patient! He did so great! He even got the color he was hoping for... green. Everything was fabulous until mama, aka me, tried to carry one to many things into the house at one time. When I dropped everything at the door to unlock it, I felt it something drifting away. Of course little man spotted it right away, and with a very distressed look on his face he said, "Mama go get it". The tears and sobs that followed when he realized the fate of his balloon made me feel like a dog. Bless him. He had earned that balloon and now as he said, "it's with the birds". So off we went to the store to replace it with 2 new wonderful balloons, which by the way made it into the house and are safe in his room.

5 comments:

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

i just emailed you something. Love you!

tn_sunshyne said...

Congrats on "W" doing so well at the dentist! Sorry to hear that his balloon flew away. Our kiddos have a way of making us feel bad at times, but at least he got 2 balloons in return.
How are things down in AL? We seriously all need to get together soon and meet up for lunch or something.
Hugs to you three!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your back. You make sure you give that little man and his mamma a big hud and a kiss from Aunt B.

Anonymous said...

I mean Hug

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.